The Administrative Clinical Assistant will perform a wide range of clerical duties in support of the Clinical Manager, Director of Clinical Services and the Nursing Office processes.
1. Prepares and manages daily and weekend schedules.
2. Processes Managed Care referrals. Requests initial authorizations from the Finance team and follows up on request.
3. Reviews patient referrals for completeness and requests further documentation as is necessary.
4. Orders medical supplies for Managed Care patients utilizing in network providers. Orders and maintains the office medical supply closet. Prepares car stock supply boxes for field clinicians.
5. Enters patient referrals according the Standard Operating Procedures.
6. Manage and interpret DDE’s according to set standards and recording of such in patient EMR.
7. Prepare and manage the end of day report and submit electronically to all required to receive it daily.
8. Review and interpret after hour call logs at the start of shift and follow up as necessary.
9. Assist with orientation as needed.
10. Manage and follow hospitalized clients according to Standard Operating Procedure.
11. Manage pre-op report for proper continuity of care as required per referral source.
12. Manage electronic and manual faxes received with proper follow up and distribution as necessary.
13. Manage and assist with customer phone calls following Standard Operating Procedure.
14. Assists with the development of the agenda for biweekly Case Conference by preparing patient listings and running appropriate reports in advance of the meeting. Responsible for alerting/reminding staff of this meeting.
15. Assists with identifying trends and areas for improvement and coordinates these identified areas with the DCS/CM.
16. Accepts other duties as assigned by DCS/CM.
17. Maintains patient and employee confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations and standards.
18. Awareness of the Agency’s QAPI program. Active participation as required per policies and procedures related to the Agency’s QAPI program.
19. Management and follow up of customer complaints, following Agency’s complaint policy.
20. Acute awareness of patient rights and the Agency’s responsibility in honoring patient’s rights. Awareness of patient rights description in Agency’s service agreement and Agency’s admission packet.
21. Awareness of appropriate reasons for a patient discharge and Agency’s policy on appropriate reasons for discharge.
22. Awareness of potential signs of abuse and neglect and the steps required to report suspected abuse and neglect.
23. Awareness of infection prevention and control techniques, within the Agency’s policy and procedures. Awareness and participation in the Agency’s infection control program and the Director of Clinical Service’s oversight of this program, along with the QAPI designed program.
24. Awareness of employee infection policies and procedures and the Director of Clinical Service’s oversight of the program, along with the QAPI designed program.
25. Assists Executive Management in the execution of Company's Mission and Values in a manner that is consistent in practice and message among clinical and administrative personnel.
Must be high school graduate, have excellent organizational skills and have the ability work well with others in a diverse and active environment. Contacting referral sources and physician’s offices, assisting to promote continuity of patient care and supporting the nursing processes from patient admission to discharge are critical skills that require a mature and professional attitude. The ability to work in a cooperative and accepting manner with others is essential.