Duties of Position:
1. Provides skilled nursing care under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
2. Performs selected skilled actions in the provision of curative, rehabilitative, palliative or preventative nursing care.
3. Is responsible and accountable for making decisions that are based on the individual's nursing experience and educational preparation.
1. Assists the Registered Nurse in carrying out the plan of care.
2. Assists the Registered Nurse in performing specialized procedures as directed by the Registered Nurse under physician's orders.
3. Assists with preparation, implementation and continuing evaluation of the client care plan.
4. Recognizes and understands the effects of social and economic problems upon clients and provides for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of clients.
5. Helps teach the patient the appropriate self-care techniques.
6. Fosters cooperative effort among personnel by understanding the functions of other persons involved in client care and by active participation in team and staff conferences.
7. Assumes responsibility for personal and vocational growth and development through active participation in nursing organizations and participating in in-service programs and other on the job learning.
8. Prepares clinical and progress notes (not to include admission). Includes interim orders written with measurable goals and time frames and the integration of these orders into the patients plan of care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
9. Observes, records, and reports to the appropriate person patient symptoms, reactions and changes including:
10. Observes, records and reports to the appropriate person the general physical and mental condition of clients and signs and symptoms which may be indicative of changes in condition.
11. Assists with the rehabilitation of clients according to the medical care plan by encouraging the interests and special aptitudes of the client and encouraging clients to help themselves using their own capabilities.
12. Further assists in rehabilitation by reporting any abnormality in the client's range of motion, body mechanics or body alignment.
13. Actively participates in nursing organizations and promotes and participates in in-service programs.
14. Awareness of the Agency's QAPI program. Active participation as required per polices and procedures related to the Agency's QAPI program.
15. Management and followup of customer complaints, following Agency's complaint policy.
16. Acute awareness of patient rights and the Agency's responsibility in honoring patients rights. Awareness of patients rights description in Agency's service agreement and Agency's admission packet.
17. Awareness of appropriate reasons for a patient discharge and Agency's policy on appropriate reasons for discharge.
18. Awareness of potential signs of abuse and neglect and the steps required to report suspected abuse and neglect.
19. Awareness and ability to design and identify patient centered and individualized goals with realistic measurable time frames under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
20. Awareness of infection prevention and control techniques, both within their scope of practice and within the Agency's policy and procedures. Awareness and participation in the Agency's infection control program.
21. Nursing bag technique policy acknowledgment and demonstrated competence.
1. Graduation from an accredited School of Practical Nursing.
2. Must be licensed in the State as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
3. One or more years in an acute/sub-acute care facility. Home health experience preferred.